What is Personal Information?
In general terms, it is any information about you that identifies you, or information by which your identity can be reasonably determined. The information we collect will depend on the services we provide to you, but may include:
- your name, address, postcode, telephone number and email address;
- your date of birth, gender and employment details;
- property details, including the address and value of your property;
- payment details and financial information;
- proof of identity such as your driver licence or passport number.
You don’t have to give us all the information we request. However, if you do not provide us with some or all of the personal information required, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services or information you request.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information about individuals from the individuals themselves and where necessary from third parties. Those third parties may include your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers); through our website and other communication channels; from and publicly available sources of information; from our own records; from other agents, operators of tenancy reference databases and other publicly available databases and from referees; and from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities.
How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
In providing your personal information to us, you consent to us collecting, storing and using your personal information. Elite Rentals collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for a number of reasons:
- To provide and administer our products and services to you;
- To respond to your submissions, complaints and enquiries, and provide customer support;
- To assess the performance of our websites and improve the operation of the websites;
- To carry out appointments as sales agents for clients selling their properties;
- To carry out appointments as property managers for rental property owners, which includes processing tenancy applications and managing tenancy relationships and the tenanted property;
- To promote and market our services and the products and services of third parties;
- To provide information on and promote properties for sale and for rent to the market;
- For internal business processes such as market research and billing; and
- Where required by law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our functions and activities, including:
- where you agree to the disclosure;
- where we use it for the purpose for which it was collected, e.g. as part of a sale or leasing process or in the provision of another services;
- to employees, contractors, franchisees and service providers who assist us in operating our business and providing our Services;
- where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
We also may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email. You can opt out of these services at any time.
Protection of Your Information
Elite Rentals takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and information is securely stored and access is restricted.
Access to Your Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
If you require
you wish to access or correct your personal information or make a complaint regarding how Elite Rentals may have
collected or used your personal information, you may contact Elite Rentals in
any of the following ways:
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 453
GLENELG SA 5045
T: 08 8376 3335
F: 08 8376 7986
Contact by Email
information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and
information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the
Australian Information Commissioner. See their website – www.oaic.gov.au